How the 80-20 Rule Will Improve Your Life!
|Author: John D. Thomas||23 October 2017||Copyright 2017|
In 1906, Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto created a mathematical formula that has come to be known as The Pareto Principle or the 80-20 Rule. The 80-20 Rule notes that in most situations, about 80 percent of the results obtained tend come from about 20 percent of the inputs. Inputs include the actions from people, machines, over even nature.
Here are some examples of the 80-20 rule in action:
Download these Guidebooks
So how can you use the 80-20 Rule to make your life better? There are two basic ways you can benefit from the 80-20 Rule:
- Examine specific areas of your life. Identify that 20% of inputs (or effort) that is creating 80% of the positive results you are experiencing. Protect and cultivate that 20%. Doing this will give you the biggest return on your efforts.
- De-emphasize (or remove) the 20% that is giving you 80% of the negative results you don’t want.
Using the 80-20 Rule is a simple, yet elegant way to improve your life and reduce your problems. Although it is not a panacea for solving all your problems, the 80-20 Rule can surely bring many benefits to you. Why not give the 80-20 Rule a try in your life. You might be surprised by the results you’ll achieve!
More interesting articles and videos:
- When Faced with a Major Problem, You Have Three Choices...
- For Every Problem, There Is a Solution!
- Major Problems Are Transformational Events
- How Much Money Does It Take to Be Happy?
- How to Stop Dwelling on Past Mistakes
- How Happy Will You Be in the Future?
- The Five Biggest Regrets People Have on their Deathbed
- How to Feel More Contented with Your Life
- How to Know When It's Time to Just Quit